I have Experience

If you already have some experience with mental health services, you might have some questions about mental health treatment and other supports in Ireland.

How can I make my voice heard?

In this section, we will explain the different advocacy services that are available to help support you to claim your entitlements, and where necessary, to represent and negotiate on your behalf. More.

What social supports can I access?

Having a serious mental health difficulty may affect your ability to access housing and employment. In this section we look at the housing supports, training courses and employment supports that may be available to you. You may also be entitled to disability benefit, or if you are a carer, to carers benefit .

What about discrimination and equality law?

This section explains your rights under equality law, and sets out <how to make a complaint if you feel that you have experienced discrimination because of your mental health difficulty.

How can I make a complaint about mental health services?

If you are not satisfied with your mental health service, you may wish to make a complaint. Everybody who uses mental health services has a right to have a say about their treatment. This section will provide links to how to make a complaint, as well as information on how to contact regulatory bodies such as the Mental Health Commission and Medical Council.